Spanish chicken and Chorizo. The flavors in this Spanish chicken and rice are still the biggest draw for me. First, the chicken is covered in a simple spice rub that includes smoked paprika and a hint of cayenne pepper. Onions, green peppers, tomatoes, broth and rice go into the same pan with the browned chicken and Chorizo.
Garlic and paprika are the key flavours in Spanish chorizo sausage, and are echoed in the flavourings I used in this One Pan Spanish Chicken and Chorizo dish. Potatoes, capsicum and tomatoes add bulk and veggie goodness to make a complete meal that's whipped up and on the table in no time. In this dish, chorizo, a spicy Spanish sausage, combines with chicken, chickpeas, tomatoes, and garlic to make a warming dinner. You can have Spanish chicken and Chorizo using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish chicken and Chorizo
- Prepare 6 of medium to large potatoes, skin on coarsely chopped.
- You need 1 of whole fresh lemon.
- Prepare 1 of preserved salted lemon (Use another fresh lemon instead if you don't have preserved lemons).
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 large of chicken, can also use pieces.
- Prepare 200 grams of chorizo, sliced.
- Prepare of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves coursely chopped.
- It’s 1 large of onion, cut into large pieces.
- Prepare of cracked black pepper.
Sprinkle with the onion and the oregano, then grate the orange zest over the contents of So, just get as many soft flour tortillas as your leftovers command, take the bones out of the chicken, dice the meat along with the chorizo and. Put the chicken breasts into a large casserole dish and sprinkle with the garlic and paprika. Add all the chopped vegetables and chorizo and pour over Or leave out the chorizo and put in some chopped serrano ham or bacon instead. A few olives chopped and sprinkled on top in place of the cheese is.
Spanish chicken and Chorizo instructions
- Preheat oven to 220 c..
- In a large pot add the potatoes, water, fresh lemon (prick with a knife a few times) and garlic salt and bring to the boil for 5 minutes..
- In a tray add some olive oil and heat in the oven..
- Drain well the potatoes when done..
- Next prepare your chicken. Stuff the chicken with the preserved lemon, fresh lemon and a handful of chorizo. Then rub with some olive oil and garlic salt..
- Then layer the potatoes in tray, sprinkle with salt, add the onions and garlic and top with the chicken, and chorizo pieces. Sprinkle with some cracked black pepper..
- Transfer to the oven..
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until fully cooked through..
- Remove the chicken and let it rest, continue to cook the potatoes until they crisp up. About another 20 minutes or so..
This Spanish Chicken recipe not only looks flipping delish, it tastes it too. Packed with the smokey paprika and chorizo flavours (please tell me it's not Notes on some of the ingredients in this Spanish Chicken and Chorizo traybake: Chicken – I use bone in chicken thighs, with skin on, as they are. This Spanish chicken with chorizo sausage and potatoes requires virtually no prep work, and very minimal ingredients. A quick seasoning of the drumsticks and potatoes, a swift chop of an onion, zest a couple oranges and you're done! We are channeling Spain, think European; simple and sophisticated.