Vegan kale and avocado pesto pasta. To store for a longer time, drizzle some oil over the pesto sauce to prevent. Dolly and Oatmeal. so let's talk avocado-pesto. there's an entire avocado mushed up in this recipe which adds richness, and also a good amount of healthy fat. you may be curious if this is just mushed up avocado flavored with. This creamy avocado pesto pasta has lots of fresh basil, garlic, and lemon.
With nutritious kale, heart-healthy avocado and walnuts, making a tasty, filling and nutritious meal could not be easier! I am trying to go mostly vegan in my diet, so of course the cheese is out, but avocado is a perfect substitution for the creaminess that cheese could bring in any sauce! This quick, easy kale avocado pesto pasta is a deliciously simple recipe, with a creamy texture and tons of flavor. You can have Vegan kale and avocado pesto pasta using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan kale and avocado pesto pasta
- It’s 2 cups of penne pasta.
- You need 2 cups of packed, roughly chopped kale leaves (washed and drained).
- You need 1 of large ripe avocado.
- It’s 1/4 cup of walnuts.
- Prepare 1 of small lemon/lime or half a large lemon/lime juice.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large green chili/jalapeno pepper (or crushed red chilies); optional.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive oil (or more according to personal preference).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper (optional; I have used only green chilies).
A super healthy but comforting vegetarian and vegan pasta dinner! I am actually, seriously blogging another avocado-ey pasta dish. More vegan recipe videos on their way – For. This California-inspired pesto pasta recipe combines the light, creamy flavor of the avocado with a rich basil pesto for a unique vegetarian pasta dish.
Vegan kale and avocado pesto pasta step by step
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; al dente. Keep aside a cup of pasta water and drain, rinse with cold water and keep aside. Make sure to salt the water well..
- TO MAKE THE PESTO: In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the chopped kale, avocado chunks, chopped garlic, walnuts, salt, lemon juice and green chili..
- Drizzle olive oil through the open chute on top and blitz until fully combined, scraping the sides of the processor in between. Do a taste test and add lemon juice, salt or oil if needed. Make a slightly coarse paste..
- Remove to a bowl and keep aside..
- Just before serving, stir in as much of the kale avocado pesto into the pasta and enjoy warm or at room temperature showered with more walnuts! If needed, stir in some of the pasta water to thin the pesto sauce. Enjoy foodies!.
- Notes Leftover pesto sauce can be stored in an airtight glass jar for up to 3 to 4 days. To store for a longer time, drizzle some oil over the pesto sauce to prevent the top from browning. Pestos are not only for pastas; you can use them up in sandwiches, as dips, on pizzas (instead of tomato sauce), in salads etc. Use any kind of pasta you love; it could be spaghetti, macaroni, spiral, rigatone, shell etc. Instead of walnuts, you can use cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds etc..
- For best results and taste, use EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) but if you cannot find it, regular refined oil will do. If you love cheese, stir in 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese while making the pesto and serve with a sprinkle of more Parmesan!.
Jolinda Hackett has written five books about plant-based cooking and has developed hundreds of vegan and vegetarian recipes. This is my best vegan kale pesto recipe – I make it a couple times a month, and it's usually gone within a day or two! The recipe is well-balanced, with the savory and herby elements of garlic and basil, nuttiness from the pumpkin seeds, and earthiness from the kale. Plus, it only takes a few minutes to. This vegan pesto pasta with homemade kale pesto and spring vegetables makes for a quick and delicious mid-week meal that can I stirred it through some wholemeal pasta and added lots of green veggies to it to turn it into a spring-inspired dish.