Blackened Salmon with Green Beans and Cajun Gouda Mac 🌶. Fire up succulent salmon with an exciting blend of Cajun-style spices! Blackened Salmon is my favorite and this recipe is great. I don't use butter though, I use olive oil and after blackening in the pan I transfer the salmon to a baking sheet and finish them in the oven.
Place the salmon fillets on a cutting board and rub the olive oil over all sides of the salmon fillets. Sprinkle the spice rub over the salmon, using your hands to ensure all sides are covered. Keep in mind cooking is suppose to be fun so add your own little twist if you want. You can cook Blackened Salmon with Green Beans and Cajun Gouda Mac 🌶 using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blackened Salmon with Green Beans and Cajun Gouda Mac 🌶
- Prepare 1 of Salmon Filet.
- It’s 1 cup of French green beans.
- You need 2 ounces of dry Macaroni noodles.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Chili powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Sea salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Ground pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Red chili flakes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Blackened seasoning.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of Coconut oil (for spraying pans).
- It’s Half of and half (or heavy cream).
- It’s Half of pound Gouda cheese.
- You need of Quarter stick of Butter.
- It’s 2 of Dried red chilis (optional).
The blackened texture of the fish is also great. It's really quite simple, and the end result is so delicious. The sweetness of the apple juice/white wine combined with the spiciness of the Cajun seasoning is amazing. Give salmon some kick by adding a little Cajun spice, plus a hearty salsa of black-eyed beans and avocado. (Try adding boiled new potatoes in their skins if you want a more filling meal.) Blackened salmon with salsa.
Blackened Salmon with Green Beans and Cajun Gouda Mac 🌶 instructions
- For green beans – add fresh green beans to a skillet pre-sprayed with non-stick oil. Add a touch of water if uncooked and let them boil. I like to have them crispy so I don't do too much. Add spoonful of butter, red chili flakes, and minced garlic. Cook until green beans are desired firmness..
- For macaroni and cheese – boil pasta to al dente (firm). Add two spoonfuls of butter with a little salt and ground pepper. Stir. Add half & half or cream, gouda, and stir. Add Cajun seasoning, a little nutmeg, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Stir until macaroni is well seasoned..
- For salmon – defrost if frozen and cover with Cajun seasoning, blackened seasoning, pepper, chili powder, and paprika. Place on heated and non stick skillet along with chili peppers until thoroughly cooked. Top with butter..
Related products from HEB: Meal Simple, Beef Stroganoff over Egg Noodles with Sauteed Green Beans. Meal Simple, Seafood Stuffed Salmon with Asparagus. Combine Cajun seasoning and brown sugar in small bowl; reserve half of the mixture and set aside. Enjoy this Cajun blackened salmon salad with light greens and sweet strawberries for full flavor. One of the most popular items on the restaurant rotation was the blackened salmon sandwich with chipotle aioli.