Chicken, chorizo and butterbean casserole.. Fry the chorizo in the casserole until it starts to release its red oils and begins to curl up a little. Add the onions and peppers to the Stir in the garlic and thyme and fry for a further five minutes. Add the butterbeans, tomatoes, stock, chicken and chorizo to the casserole.
Our rich chicken dish has crisp chicken skin, smoky chorizo and buttery beans to create a delicious, Spanish-inspired meal in less than an hour. Tana Ramsey talks children's food with James Martin as she joins him in the kitchen. Her top tip: don't let them be fussy and introduce. You can cook Chicken, chorizo and butterbean casserole. using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken, chorizo and butterbean casserole.
- You need 1 of Free range chicken thighs.
- You need 1 of diced chorizo sausage.
- Prepare 1 of tin butterbeans, drained.
- You need 1 of glass white wine.
- You need 1 of bisto vegetable gravy granules.
- It’s 1 of baby plum tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 1 of handful spring cabbage greens or savoy cabbage.
- You need 1 of fresh thyme.
- It’s 1 of fresh rosemary.
Cook for five minutes, then add the stock and bring back to the boil. The Best Chorizo Casserole Recipes on Yummly Southwestern Chorizo And Black Bean Egg Casserole, Egg Casserole With Chorizo, Chicken And Chorizo Casserole. This is a great recipe for those cool winter months.
Chicken, chorizo and butterbean casserole. instructions
- In a frying pan, fry the diced chorizo. Coat the chicken in flour and brown in the same pan with the chorizo. Transfer to a casserole dish. Do not waste the juices in the pan, swill it with the white wine and tranfer to the casserole dish..
- Boil the kettle and make up about half a pint of the veg gravy (granules), or more depending on how many you are cooking for, overall the fluid level should just come near the top of the chicken once its all in the casserole dish..
- Halve the plum tomatoes, shred the cabbage, chop the onion and to the casserole dish with the chicken and chorizo. Add the fresh herbs, black pepper and the drained butter beans. Pour the gravy into the casserole dish. Bake in the oven for about 35 – 45 minutes, till the chicken is cooked through. Serve..
The chorizo gives this recipe a fantastic flavour but if you wish you could substitute it with bacon lardoons. You're just one dish away from a crowd-pleasing meal. A homemade verde sauce will take your enchiladas to the next Pumpkin-Chorizo Pizza. Next time, try using chickpeas or butter beans in place of cannellini beans. This chicken and dressing casserole is perfect for when you have leftovers from a big holiday meal or a weekend gathering.