4 ingredient honey flapjack. Add chocolate drops, desiccated coconut or sultanas, if you like. These flapjacks have a honey themed base rather than golden syrup, and to make it even more 'honey themed' I of course topped them with honeycomb. The basic recipe is just four ingredients for the actual flapjacks, and I am just obsessed with it.
The sugar was added at the end and the batter was laid out in a tray and allowed to set. A more modern version of that recipe, these basic flapjacks are easily dressed up with nuts, dried fruit or frozen. They brought with them their local ingredients as well as cooking styles with them. You can cook 4 ingredient honey flapjack using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 4 ingredient honey flapjack
- Prepare 60 g of sugar (whatever you have…).
- You need 100 g of butter or margarine.
- It’s 4 tbsp of runny honey.
- Prepare 200 g of rolled oats.
Yet amidst all these varieties Chinese and Italian cuisines dominate. These healthy honey and seed flapjacks from The Happy Pear cookbook make a perfect lunchbox or picnic treat. Using honey in place of barley malt makes Meanwhile, put the oats into a large bowl with the oil and stir to coat. Add all the remaining ingredients except the barley malt or honey and stir until.
4 ingredient honey flapjack step by step
- Add butter, honey and sugar to pan and stir gently until sugar is fully melted..
- Pour over oats and combine. Make sure all of the oats are covered in the mixture. (At this point you may add fruit or nuts if you would like to for a different variation. Pecans, raisins and dried cranberries are a great choice but are completely optional. A small handful is all that's needed.).
- Put into lined baking tin and compress gently to form an even surface using the back of a metal spoon..
- Bake in preheated oven at 190C for 15 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin..
- Cut into squares once cooled..
It's a four-ingredient sauce that works wonders on boneless, skinless chicken breasts, which all too often can be a disappointment at the dinner table. The breasts bake in the oven completely covered in the sauce, which not only protects them from drying out, but also infuses them with all that sweet. Flapjacks are the ultimate workout fuel. This recipe for Honey Lime Chili Chicken results in tender, juicy chicken that's a little sweet, a little sour, with a little bit of heat from the chili powder. Melt the butter, sugar and honey in a large saucepan and remove from heat.