Mustard Chicken Stew. Place mustard in a shallow dish or bowl; place onions in a second shallow dish or bowl. A complex and colorful chickpea stew, this is rich with vegetables, olive oil and Parmesan cheese. I particularly love using baby mustard greens, which are pleasantly peppery.
This is so good we'd be surprised if this chicken fillet recipe doesn't become a firm favourite. For a more interesting version of the German dumpling that will still go well with lots of stews, add mustard. Mustard-Herb Beef Stew. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can have Mustard Chicken Stew using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mustard Chicken Stew
- You need 8 of chicken drumsticks (thighs would work too).
- Prepare 4-5 of potatoes (waxy if possible).
- It’s 1/4 head of cauliflower or romanesco.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 of onions.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 4 sprigs of fresh thyme (1 tsp dry).
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 400 ml (1 3/4 cup) of water.
- It’s 4-5 Tbsp of Dijon or whole grain mustard.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
- It’s of Fresh parsley or thyme to garnish.
This easy dinner recipe tops chicken and pasta with a creamy mustard sauce for comfort food that's actually good for you! This easy mustard chicken recipe scratches the "roast chicken and potatoes" itch in half the time. Serve it plain or with a simple green salad, and try subbing bone-in, skin-on thighs for the breasts. These mustard roasted chicken thighs are marinated in a super simple combo of grainy mustard, Dijon mustard, olive oil, and a bit of Italian seasoning.
Mustard Chicken Stew instructions
- Cut onions into wedges, cut potatoes into chunks, divide cauliflower/romanesco into florets, and mince garlic..
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy pot. Brown all sides of the chicken drumsticks. Remove to a plate and set aside for now..
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are soft..
- Add potatoes, thyme, bay leaf and 400 ml water to the pot. Bing to a boil..
- Add the drumsticks back into the pot and turn heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes..
- Add the romanesco or cauliflower. Continue cooking for 10-15 minutes..
- Dissolve the mustard into to soup. I put mustard in a small dish and dissolved in a couple ladlefuls of the soup and then mixed it in..
- Cook for another 5 minutes or until thickness of the soup is as you like. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and garnish with fresh parsley or dill..
Chicken with Mustard Crust, it was time to give you our very best baked chicken thighs recipe as Once you picked out your chicken thighs, make sure you have a large skillet or rimmed baking sheet. Chicken breast (or thigh) cooked in creamy mustard tarragon sauce. If you like this Chicken With Mustard Tarragon Sauce For One recipe, you might also like these easy and incredibly delicious. My Honey Mustard Chicken Drumsticks are a hit every time! A good honey mustard dipping sauce is delicious with all kinds of chicken or pork, and typically it has mustard, honey, maybe some mayo.