Persian Chicken stew with dried apricots. In a pan, heat the oil. Add onions and cook until soft. When it comes to khoresht, or Persian stew, no matter the ingredients, the idea is to create a dish in which hot, sour and sweet flavours are in balance.
This Persian chicken and apricot stew is resident cook Sabrina Ghayour's homage to 'Mama Gohar' – her great aunt – and her supreme cooking ability Her ghormeh sabzi – a braised lamb, herb, kidney bean and dried lime stew withwhich enjoys cult status among Iranians – was my absolute favourite. Add lamb and apricots and raise heat to medium-high. Some canola oil will separate from onion and lamb, and glisten on top of mixture. You can have Persian Chicken stew with dried apricots using 10 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Persian Chicken stew with dried apricots
- It’s 200 g of diced chicken meat.
- It’s 200 g of soft dried apricot, halved.
- You need 2 of medium onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tbs of vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbs of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbs of saffron water.
- Prepare Pinch of salt and chili powder.
- You need of Olive oil.
Apricots will start to soften a bit. Here is a stew made for fall! This Chicken Stew with Walnut and Pomegranate Sauce recipe is a classic preparation in Persian cooking, going by the name "Fesenjan". Chicken pieces are first browned and then slowly cooked in a sauce with ground toasted walnuts and pomegranate molasses.
Persian Chicken stew with dried apricots step by step
- In a pan, heat the oil. Add onions and cook until soft..
- Then, add cinnamon- turmeric and chili powder to the onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add diced chicken meat and cook for 6-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside..
- In a bowl with 1 ½ cups of water, add saffron water, vinegar and sugar..
- Mix well and dissolve sugar..
- Transfer fried ingredients and halved apricots to the pot, add sugar-vinegar mixture to the pot..
- Simmer gently for about 25 minutes. Once it is ready serve it with rice. Hope you enjoy this tasty stew..
This chicken stew, called Khoresht fesenjan, is a traditional Persian dish made with pomegranate juice and walnuts. Add the saffron water, chicken broth, pomegranate juice, cardamom, allspice, dried lime and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil over moderately high heat. The Best Stewed Dried Apricots Recipes on Yummly Buckwheat, Hazelnut, And Dried Apricot Bread, Dried Apricot Jam, Dried Apricot Pie. Persian Apple Stew with Dried ApricotTurmeric Saffron.