Folded Egg, Tomato & Cheese Breakfast Bap. Tomato and egg served over rice is a Chinese staple. You can easily omit the pork to make this vegetarian. This recipe is from my mom, who grew up in Guangzhou.
Fluffy folded egg omelette with tomato, red bell pepper, garlic, scallions and cheddar cheese in a wooden plate. In the background is an egg, basil leaves. Download Egg tomato stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. You can cook Folded Egg, Tomato & Cheese Breakfast Bap using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Folded Egg, Tomato & Cheese Breakfast Bap
- Prepare of Serves: 1 person.
- It’s 2 of medium eggs,.
- Prepare 1 of brioche bun,.
- It’s of Olive oil Frylight, (or 1 tsp regular olive oil equivalent),.
- You need 25 g of 30% reduced fat mature cheddar cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1 of fresh vine tomato, sliced thinly,.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to season,.
- You need of Around 3g salted butter, (to butter bap),.
- It’s of Tomato ketchup (optional).
- You need of You'll need:.
- Prepare 1 of rubber spatula.
Place eggs in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to boil. Remove from heat; cover and let stand Drain, rinse, peel, and chop cooked eggs; fold into cucumber mixture. These extra special eggs are scrambled with tomatoes, green onions, and optional cheddar or Monterey Chopped tomatoes, bell pepper, and cheese make these scrambled eggs extra special. andhra egg curry or easy tomato egg curry recipe with simple steps to make a delicious spicy curry. Pairs well with rice or chapathi.
Folded Egg, Tomato & Cheese Breakfast Bap step by step
- Heat a medium saucepan over a medium to high heat and spray the base with Frylight. Once hot, add each half of the brioche bun, one at a time to the saucepan to lightly toast it. Once golden and lightly toasted remove and butter them, then set aside..
- Keeping the saucepan on the hob to keep warm, spray with a bit more Flylight and in a bowl beat up the eggs and season with ground black pepper. Add the eggs to the saucepan and allow to sit for around a 1-2 minutes until they begin to set a little, turn the heat down low and using the rubber spatula gently fold the sides of the egg into the centre of the saucepan from the sides, don't fold them too much, otherwise you'll lose the nice fluffy consistency..
- Add the grated cheese over the top of the eggs in the pan and allow to melt. Season with salt and touch more pepper..
- Turn off the heat. You don't want to overcook the eggs. They should be fluffy and soft in texture..
- Take the base of the brioche bun and add half the sliced tomato. Layer on the egg/cheese next, then add more sliced tomato. Finish with a dollop of ketchup (or any other condiment you prefer). Eat whilst hot! Enjoy. :).
Traditional Chinese tomato and egg stir fry. When eggs become a soft, wet consistency, dump the tomatoes on top and fold into the eggs until the egg becomes firm and the tomato sauce evenly. Tomato Eggs – A Chinese dish of stir-fried eggs and tomatoes. Tomato eggs are an iconic childhood staple for many. Learn how to make the most delicious Baked Eggs with Tomatoes and Parmesan.