Curtido – Salvadorian Slaw.
You can cook Curtido – Salvadorian Slaw using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Curtido – Salvadorian Slaw
- It’s 1 small of head of cabbage (shredded).
- Prepare 2 large of carrots (shredded).
- Prepare 1 small of onion (finely sliced).
- It’s of dressing.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of cayenne.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of salt (or more to taste).
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of white vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
Curtido – Salvadorian Slaw instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While waiting, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients..
- Once the pot of water has come to a boil, turn the heat off and add the cabbage. Allow the cabbage to wilt, no more than 1 minute. Drain..
- Add the carrots, onion and wilted cabbage to a large tupperware and add the dressing. Mix well and refrigerate..
- Let the slaw refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours before serving. Mix and enjoy!.