Choo Chee Curry with Salmon.
You can cook Choo Chee Curry with Salmon using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Choo Chee Curry with Salmon
- You need of Salmon fillet 400 g (or 2-3 pieces). Take skin off to grill (optional).
- You need 1-2 tbsp of Red curry paste.
- Prepare 1 of big tin of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 leaves of Kaffir lime leaves for garnishing thinly shredded.
- It’s of Red chili pepper for garnishing seedless and thinly sliced 1 whole.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Fish sauce 1-1½ tbsp or soy sauce if vegans 1-2 tbsp.
- It’s of Palm sugar 2 tbsp (brown sugar is fine too).
Choo Chee Curry with Salmon step by step
- Heat about 2-3 tbsp. of coconut milk in a wok or saucepan over a high heat until coconut milk starts bubbling. Add the red curry paste and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant..
- Add salmon fillets and cook for a few minutes, turn the fish over then add about 5-6 tbsp of coconut milk..
- Then add palm sugar, fish sauce or soy sauce Simmer for about 5 minutes..
- Taste and adjust the saltiness by adding more fish sauce or soy sauce if preferred. Add a few tbsp. of coconut milk and stir well..
- Put salmon skin into the lightly oiled tray in the oven medium heat for 15-20 min.
- To serve, place the salmon chuu chee curry in a large bowl. Garnish with red chilli and finely chopped kaffir lime leaves, crispy skin. Drizzle some coconut milk. Enjoy with steamed riceberry or Jasmine rice.