Slow Cooker Butter Chicken. Chicken thigh meat cooks with tandoori masala and garam masala in a sauce of coconut milk and tomato in this tasty Indian classic. Restaurant-quality butter chicken made so easily in the crockpot. I'm sure some of you have already put away your But seeing as to how we moved to Chiberia and it's still the dead of winter here, my slow cooker has been on full blast, especially with this butter chicken.
This is a fast recipe for the cook: Just prep it earlier in the day, even during your morning routine, getting your onion and spices going on the stove while simultaneously making. Try this slow-cooker butter chicken curry for a guaranteed family favourite. It has a creamy, lightly spiced tomato sauce and juicy chunks of chicken. You can cook Slow Cooker Butter Chicken using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
- You need 3 – 4 of chicken breasts cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 can of tomatoes of.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsps of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsps of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of almonds.
- It’s 1/3 cup of yoghurt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of honey (optional).
- It’s 3 tbsps of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsps of heavy cream.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Slow Cooker Butter Chicken with spices you already have in your cabinet with all the creamy deep flavors you'd expect from your favorite restaurant. Brown the chicken quickly on a high heat before cutting into chunks (don't worry about it cooking through, that is the slow cooker's job). Important Notes about this Slow Cooker Butter Chicken: This dish is just my take on a classic food and the version I serve to my family and in no way is it truly authentic. Feel free to adjust the seasonings to make it your own!
Slow Cooker Butter Chicken instructions
- We begin by making the marinade / sauce base that the chicken pieces will cook in. In a blender add the ginger paste, garlic paste, can of tomatoes, tomato paste, garam masala, chili powder, cumin powder, almonds and yogurt, and give it a good blitz..
- Once everything is well combined, pour it over the diced chicken pieces. Mix well so the marinade coats the chicken pieces really well. Set this aside to marinate for 15mins or so..
- Saute the diced onions in the melted butter, once it has softened up, add to the slow cooker..
- Next pour the chicken pieces along with the marinade in the slow cooker. Add the 1tbsp of honey (this is optional) and season with salt..
- Let this cook away in the slow cooker. Mine took somewhere between 3-4 hours..
- When its cooked through and you are ready to serve, add the heavy cream and mix it all together..
- Serve with some plain white rice or a pulao and/or naan bread..
Use your slow cooker to make this version of the Indian classic. It's also much lower in fat than typical butter chicken recipes. In a slow cooker, throw in all the ingredients and mix to combine. Serve with rice and fresh coriander. Slow cooker butter chicken is a flavorful chicken dish, made right in your Crockpot!