Warm lentil salad. French green lentils and Swiss chard join the aromatic blend of finely diced onion, carrot, and celery known as mirepoix in this hearty salad. It's tossed in a lemony mustard dressing while still warm and. This warm lentil salad is a perfect mid-winter everything — a gorgeous pack-for-work lunch to keep you on this side of your Resolution karma, a perfect side dish to a roast, chops or sausage.
Lentils and vinegar also marry well. The key here is to add the dressing while the lentils are still warm, even if you don't plan on serving the salad warm. I spoon the mixture onto a bed of wild arugula. You can have Warm lentil salad using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Warm lentil salad
- You need 1/2 cup of puy lentils, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water or vegan or veggie stock.
- It’s 1 of red onion, finely chopped.
- You need of some tomatoes, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of capers.
- It’s Handful of rocket, torn into smaller pieces.
- Prepare of Some flat leaf parsley, finely chopped – at least 1 tbsp.
- You need of Dressing.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of maple syrup or runny raw honey.
- Prepare of Generous pinch sea salt.
- It’s of Generous pinch black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Prepare of Generous pinch ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Generous pinch cayenne pepper.
Who said salads have to be served chilled? This soon-to-be family classic is best served warm. Add lentils and saute until hot. Pour the mixture into a serving bowl, top with lemon juice, parsley, and enjoy!
Warm lentil salad instructions
- Put the lentils and water/ stock in a pan (with a lid). Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 20 mins until lentils are cooked..
- Make the dressing by mixing everything together really well. Taste it and add as needed..
- Once the lentils are ready, stir the dressing in..
- Add the onion, tomatoes, capers, rocket and parsley..
- Enjoy 😋.
Reviews for: Photos of Warm Lentil Salad with Sausage & Apple. I never thought I could love a salad as much as I did. Vegetables, bacon and herbs accompany warm lentils for a satisfying side dish. There are many reason that I love this warm lentil salad recipe. First, it's because of the spices: the warmth of the coriander, the gorgeous color from the paprika and the little kick from the chile pepper.