You can have Chicken Piccatta using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccatta
- Prepare 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare of The juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 of tablespoon-ish of capers.
- Prepare 2-3 Tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 of hefty sprinkling of flour.
- Prepare 1 of heavy drizzle of plain olive oil (or an evoo and canola blend)-enough to coat the bottom of the pan you're using.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper, cayenne.
Chicken Piccatta step by step
- Lay the chicken breast (one at a time) in-between two layers of plastic. Pound to approximately 1/2-3/4 inches thick (just aim for thin). Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne, and lay the seasoned side down onto a plate you dusted with flour generously. Season the other side and dust again with flour. Using your hands, toss the chicken in the flour until it is completely coated. Set aside..
- In a heavy pan, bring plain olive oil (or an evoo/canola blend) up to temperature over medium/medium-high heat (the oil will appear to shimmer in the pan). Carefully lay the chicken breasts away from you. Cook for approximately 4-6 minutes per side (depends on how thick you left them)..
- Test the chicken for a close proximity to done-ness. (poke the thickest part of the breast with your finger, if it is more springy than squishy, you're pretty good (or you can shove a thermometer into the thickest part and test for about 160) Remove from the pan, and set on a sheetpan in a warm oven to keep them warm..
- Dab out any excess oil (its cool to leave a bit), turn your heat to medium-low and throw your capers in. Smash about half of them with your spoon and lightly sautee for about a minute or two. Dump in the lemon juice (add a splash of white wine if you're feeling extra) and deglaze and scrape the bottom of the pan..
- Toss in the butter, and melt. Taste for seasoning. Return the chicken breasts (as well as any accumulated juices) to the sauce. Toss the chicken in the sauce until heated back through. Serve on a nest of lightly seasoned angel hair pasta or some rice..