Kohlrabi and fennel salad – vegan. When fennel and kohlrabi arrive in your CSA, it can be hard to know what to do. As we transition into fall food, I am still really craving the fresh, crisp foods of summer. So I was glad to stumble on a version of this fennel and kohlrabi salad recipe in the awesome Frankies Spuntino Kitchen.
Sorghum, meet my Strength and Sunshine readers. Stephanie Izard of Chicago's Girl & The Goat likes this Kohlrabi, Fennel and Blueberry Salad so much that she takes some home to eat on the couch. Vegan and Gluten free, this refreshing salad is healthy and light, and full of flavor. You can cook Kohlrabi and fennel salad – vegan using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kohlrabi and fennel salad – vegan
- Prepare 1 of fennel bulb, trimmed.
- You need 1 of kohlrabi, peeled.
- You need 1/2 of red onion, peeled.
- It’s of Zest of 1 lemon.
- You need Handful of fresh dill, chopped (Parsley would also work.).
- You need of Sea salt and black pepper.
- Prepare of For dressing.
- You need 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon.
Delicious and refreshing Kohlrabi Slaw with cilantro, jalapeño and lime! A simple, healthy kohlrabi salad recipe you can make today! I make a variation of this salad every Erev Shabbos. Everyone loves it and looks forward to it.
Kohlrabi and fennel salad – vegan step by step
- Slice the kohlrabi, fennel and onion – julienne or thin slices. Combine..
- Add the lemon zest and chopped dill. And also any fennel fronds..
- Mix the dressing ingredients together. Taste – add more juice or oil depending on your taste..
- Drizzle the dressing on the vegetables. Season to taste..
- Enjoy 😋.
The distinct flavor of the fennel coupled with the understated taste of the kohlrabi makes them a perfect blend, while the sweet crunch of the pecans adds a welcome twist. This salad is the perfect way to enjoy its mild flavor and signature crunch! This recipe takes a mild Tex-Mex twist with fresh green onions, garlic, and cilantro mixed together in an olive oil and red wine To save on time it's recommended to use a mandolin to julienne the kohlrabi and slice the radishes. Combine the kohlrabi and fennel in a large salad bowl. Add the cherries, oil, and preserved lemon, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.