These Yemista are a healthy satisfying meal that screams the flavors of Greece! These vegan taco stuffed tomatoes are easy to prepare and very delicious with their "meaty" filling of taco spice seasoned tvp; a vegan meat substitute that is much more economical and versatile than veggie ground round. Serve them as is or pile on your favourite taco toppings: vegan cheese. You can cook Stuffed Tomatoes (Vegan/Vegetarian/Clean Eating) using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Tomatoes (Vegan/Vegetarian/Clean Eating)
- It’s 8 of Tomatoes (cut off tops and spoon out seeds).
- It’s 200 gms of Broccoli (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Medium Zucchini (grated).
- Prepare 300 grms of Canned Chickpeas.
- You need 20 gms of raw lentils (cooked to packet instructions).
- Prepare 50 gms of raw quinoa (cooked to packet instructions).
- You need 1 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 of Garlic Clove (crushed).
- You need 1 tbs of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 3 gms of Parmesan Cheese (I used Vegan Parmesan).
- You need 60 gms of Feta Crumbled (I used Vegan coconut Feta).
- You need of The Spices/Herbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sweet Paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chili Flakes.
- You need 3 tsp of Dried Oregano.
Lets make Stuffed tomatoes with Dhriti. We all are familiar with tomatoes used in various dishes. However this is a little different dish where the complete. To freeze and enjoy later: Cool stuffed tomatoes completely, then place in foil-lined baking pan.
Stuffed Tomatoes (Vegan/Vegetarian/Clean Eating) step by step
- Cook the lentils and quinoa as per packet instructions. Drain well..
- In the meantime preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a non-stick saucepan with olive oil and heat. Add onion, garlic and Oregano, Paprika & Chili Flakes. Stir and cook until onion is soft. Add the broccoli and cook until soft. Remove from heat and break up broccoli into fine pieces. Add the cooked quinoa, zucchini, cooked lentils, chickpeas, Parmesan and feta. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine..
- Cut a thin slice off the top of the tomatoes, keeping the tops. Hollow the tomatoes using a teaspoon. Fill the tomatoes with the broccoli mixture and press down firmly. Top with cheeses and replace tops. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve.
When ready to eat, thaw tomatoes completely. The only thing that can make plump, juicy tomatoes even better, is stuffing them with something delicious! In this recipe's case, it's a zesty Southwestern quinoa-black bean filling. Vegan stuffed tomatoes are filled with a flavorful mixture of pesto quinoa & spinach. Each recipe is simple, healthy and uses just one pot making dinner clean up a breeze!