Vegan Omelette – Soy-free!.
You can cook Vegan Omelette – Soy-free! using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Omelette – Soy-free!
- You need of Batter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2/3 cup of chickpea flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raw cashews (or 1/4 cup cashew butter).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of oatmeal flour (or 6 tbs. oatmeal).
- You need 5 tbsp of maize (ground corn, polenta mix).
- You need 3 tbsp of cornflour (corn starch).
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s to taste of pepper.
- Prepare of Add-ins.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of parsley, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of thinly sliced green onions.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of thinly sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 of try your own combination….
Vegan Omelette – Soy-free! step by step
- In a blender or food processor, blend all the batter ingredients. (Everything but the parsley, onions and mushrooms, or your own additions.).
- Adjust flavor. The omelette gets a little more bland while cooking, so you want it to taste a tiny bit "too" salty, flavorful….
- Mix in your Add-ins..
- Make ahead: at this point, you can pour the batter into an airtight container and leave for a day or two in the fridge for later use..
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan on the stove to medium-high with some oil (I use olive oil)..
- Pour batter into the pan till it reaches the edges, and keep going till your desired thickness. (I like it about 1/3 inch thick)..
- Let it fry on one side. If your omelette is thick, cover the pan for a few minutes..
- When you see holes forming in the middle of the omelette, it's time to flip it over (pretty much like a pancake)..
- Fry for another 2-3 minutes on the other side till it's nice and golden brown..