Spicy Sausage Ragu Pasta.
You can cook Spicy Sausage Ragu Pasta using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Sausage Ragu Pasta
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 300 g of pork sausages, casings removed.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of carrot, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of celery stick, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of fresh chilli, finely chopped.
- You need 400 g of tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of soft brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of tomato puree.
- You need 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need Splash of red wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes (adjust according to your preference).
- It’s 400 g of fusilli or spirali pasta.
- You need of Basil.
- It’s of Parmesan.
Spicy Sausage Ragu Pasta instructions
- Heat up the olive oil in a large non-stick pan. Once the oil is hot, add the sausages and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the chopped onion, garlic, celery, carrot and chilli to the sausages and fry on a low/medium heat until the onion and celery are transparent and soft..
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes. Add some water to the empty tin and swish around to use up the excess tomato sauce and add to the sauce. Add the brown sugar, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar, chilli flakes and red wine to the sauce. Stir and then leave to simmer and reduce (no lid and stir only occasionally)..
- While the sauce is simmering, put a large pot of water on to boil. Add salt to season the water..
- Once the water has reached boiling point, add the dried pasta and cook according to packet instructions (usually 9-11 mins)..
- Finely chop a couple of handfuls of basil and add to the sauce. Keep some aside to sprinkle over the final dish..
- Using a spoon or ladle, take a couple of spoonfuls of the starchy water from the boiling pasta and add to the sauce. This will add liquid whilst helping to thicken the sauce. The sauce should now be a good consistency (you can check by seeing if it covers the back of a wooden spoon)..
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain and add to the sauce. And mix in. Serve in bowls with grated parmesan and the remaining basil sprinkled over the top. Bon appetit!.