Vickys Chicken & Squash with Cous Cous, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Chicken & Squash with Cous Cous, GF DF EF SF NF using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Chicken & Squash with Cous Cous, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 2 tbsp of harissa paste (see my own recipe).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 2 of red onions, peeled and sliced.
- You need 2 of skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized chunks.
- You need 1 of small butternut squash cut into 1cm chunks.
- It’s 800 grams of canned plum tomatoes (2 x 400g cans).
- You need 140 grams of corn cous cous.
- It’s 1 of zest and juice of 2 lemons.
- You need 200 grams of halved cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 of small handful of coriander, roughly chopped.
Vickys Chicken & Squash with Cous Cous, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Put a heavy pan or crockpot on the stove over a medium low heat. You need one with a lid. To be more in the spirit of things, use a tagine.
- Add the harissa, spices and onions with a dash of oil and cook gently for around 10 minutes until softened https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/349022-vickys-harissa-paste-for-moroccanafrican-cooking-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Add the chicken and brown for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add the squash and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add a splash of water if it starts to stick.
- Add the canned tomatoes and using a can, measure a half can of water and add that in too. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir through and add the lemon zest & juice, cherry tomatoes and couscous.
- Season, take off the heat and put the lid on the pot. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving stir through the chopped coriander.