Pan-fried salmon with fresh tomato pesto. Pan sear salmon and top with a pleasantly salty and spicy olive and tomato pesto. For tomato pesto, add remaining oil to skillet. Top with additional fresh basil and serve with cooked pasta and.
Pan fried salmon with tender asparagus and courgette served on a bed of. Pan Fried Salmon with a tomato pesto crust served with creamed potatoes & fresh market vegetable – Picture of The Flying Enterprise, Cork. Lay the salmon on the zucchini, and spread the pesto on top of the salmon. You can have Pan-fried salmon with fresh tomato pesto using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pan-fried salmon with fresh tomato pesto
- You need 2 of centre-cut salmon fillets, deboned and descaled.
- You need of Large handful fresh basil leaves (about 28 g).
- Prepare 1 pkg (284 g) of miniature San Marzano tomatoes.
- You need 1 of large clove garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
This salmon recipe is so simple and yet extremely impressive; I often serve it to company or on special occasions and I'm always asked for the recipe. Place each salmon fillet in the baking pan and drizzle with olive oil. Meanwhile, mix the warm spaghettini with the pesto and parsley. Heat a frying pan until hot and add the sea bass, skin-side down.
Pan-fried salmon with fresh tomato pesto step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Lay the salmon fillets in, skin-side down. Let fry for 3 to 4 minutes, depending on their thickness, then flip and fry for the same amount of time on the other side. While you're waiting to flip the salmon, whip up the sauce..
- Place the basil, tomatoes, garlic and pepper flakes in a food processor and blitz until it's a chunky liquid. Add a good pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper, as well as the olive oil. Blitz a few seconds more until the sauce thickens and emulsifies..
- Put a ladle full of sauce on a plate and lay the salmon on top, crispy skin up. The fish will warm up the sauce slightly. Serve additional sauce on the side (trust me, it'll be in demand)..
For the tomato salsa, place the tomatoes into a bowl and add the lemon juice, sesame oil, Tabasco sauce and coriander leaves. Pan fried salmon with tender asparagus and courgette served on a bed of couscous mixed through with a sweet tomato salsa. This Pan-Fried Salmon recipe from Food Network Kitchen is all about the method: Start with a hot skillet for crispy skin and to prevent sticking. Warm a large nonstick skillet with oil over medium-low heat. Generously season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.