Slow cooker butternut squash risotto. Home » Recipes » Slow Cooker Recipes » Side Dish Recipes » Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Risotto. I went to a fancy schmancy restaurant once a few years ago and felt so sophisticated ordering the butternut squash risotto they had on special. And stirred into this slow cooker butternut squash risotto, it provides all the rich cheesiness you (or your resident picky eater) crave with way less fat.
If you like the natural sweet flavor of butternut squash, you'll love this risotto! It is so creamy and full of flavor! Great as a side dish or main course. You can cook Slow cooker butternut squash risotto using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker butternut squash risotto
- You need 1 of large leek.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of and quarter cup of Arborio rice.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare half of medium butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small courgette.
- You need 1 litre of stock (I used vegetable bouillon).
- It’s of dried mixed herbs – rosemary, thyme, basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard.
- Prepare 100 g of gran pedano cheese.
- You need of small knob of butter (optional).
- It’s of plenty of salt and black pepper to season.
- Prepare of fresh basil to serve (optional).
Make delicious butternut squash risotto in your slow cooker! This version has flavorful sausage, a healthy handful of spinach, and parmesan. How to make Butternut Squash Risotto. Have you ever made a risotto dish?
Slow cooker butternut squash risotto step by step
- Mix olive oil and Arborio rice in slow cooker so that rice is fully coated..
- Mix in garlic, leek, courgette and squash..
- Add the stock, mustard and herbs and stir well..
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for up to 4 hours. Alternatively, you can start the cooking on high for an hour and then turn it down if its starting to absorb the liquid too quickly. Stir once or twice during cooking to check its not sticking..
- Just before serving, add the gran pedano cheese and season well..
- Serve with torn fresh basil leaves and a little more gran pedano. As an alternative, this can be a side dish served with a rocket salad or pan fried salmon. Its also lovely with some crispy, fried slivers of parma ham!.
It's just a different (Italian) way of cooking. When the squash is cooked, mash half of it to a rough purée and leave half whole. Learn how to make butternut squash risotto with our simple recipe video. This butternut squash recipe produces a rich warming flavour and is the Bring the stock to the boil and then gradually add it to the risotto, stirring the risotto well, until the rice is just cooked. Forget spending an evening at the stove stirring risotto, just sit back and relax with this slow cooker recipe.