Mince (fruit) Pies. At first glance they seem to be the perfect holiday food—small enough to crumble pies, lattice pies, and single crust pies all at once, all with different kinds of fruit. Mini versions of your favorite pie! So cute, so easy – and of course, so delicious!
You can use this recipe to make any type of pie! Peach pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie, etc! It's so easy and so versatile. You can have Mince (fruit) Pies using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mince (fruit) Pies
- You need 1 of mix of Sweet Shortcrust Pastry(see my other recipes)(use margarine for Vegans).
- You need 1 of kilo Best Mincemeat Mix.
- You need 500 Grams of Glacé Cherries.
- You need 50-100 mls of Dark Rum.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need of 2 cutters, one larger than the other.
- It’s of 1 star cutter (optional).
If you want to see the written. Mince pies are an essential part of Christmas. They are made from minced fruit not meat. In the US, the filling is known by the more accurate name "fruitmince".
Mince (fruit) Pies instructions
- Chill pastry, if not already. Set aside 1/3 pastry for lids. Butter 2 x 12 cup cake tins..
- Put all the mincemeat and cherries into a bowl. Tip over the Rum, mix well and leave to soak while you prepare the pastry..
- Roll out 2/3 pastry, (for bases,) using the larger cutter cut out enough circles to fill two 12 cup cake tins. Press gently to fit..
- Whisk the eggs in a cup. Use a pastry brush to coat all the insides and rims of the cases..
- Spoon mince mix into the cups, making sure it’s not over the rims..
- Using trimmings, plus the other 1/3 of pastry, roll out into a sheet. Cut 24 lids with smaller cutter. Use Star cutter in centre, or pierce with a fork..
- Add lids to cups. Press down edges to seal. Baste with beaten egg..
- Cook in medium hot oven for 15-25 minutes, turning once to brown evenly. Carefully prize out of the tins, (as the liquid sticks them in!), and put on a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy! Can be frozen up to 6 months..
Mince Fruit Pie is on the menu in Chef Anna Olson's amazing kitchen, and she is going to teach you how to make this delicious recipe from scratch! Bake easy mince pies using ready-made puff pastry and a jar of mincemeat. Bake vegan mince pies for a Christmas party, with a cherry and hazelnut filling that everyone will love. How to cook mini apple pie Mini fruit cake on white. On white Mini fruit pies with different filling and fresh plum served with coffee.