Vegan squash and potato filo pie. A nutrient packed, healthy, hearty meal. Next, pour the onion and leek mixture onto the potatoes and spread evenly. Fold the overhanging filo sheets inwards, layer by layer, and brush them with olive oil to seal it close, brush the top of the pie as.
Or try one of our vegetarian pie ideas or vegetable galettes. This vegetarian potato-topped pie – filled with beans, asparagus, paneer and coconut, and lifted with spice – is no ordinary family meal. Give this vegan spanakopita pie a whirl – it's perfect for a vegan Easter main or picnic centrepiece. You can cook Vegan squash and potato filo pie using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan squash and potato filo pie
- Prepare 1 of Kabocha squash or 1/2 butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 of small purple cauliflower florets.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- It’s 3 of whole sage leaves.
- Prepare 1 of thyme.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vegan cream fresh or 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dairy free margarine and 2more large tablespoons for the pastry.
- It’s 4 sheets of filo pastry and 2-3 more for the top cover.
Butternut squash & spinach filo pie. This impressive vegetarian pie is really versatile – it tastes great hot, warm or cold, so you can make it well ahead. Celebrate leeks with our cheesy leek and potato pie, topped with a lovely crumbly pastry lid. This inviting vegan pie recipe would make a perfect Sunday lunch.
Vegan squash and potato filo pie step by step
- Peel all the vegetables. Slice the squash in half and take out the seeds and the soft middle. Break the cauliflower florets from the stem. Cut the potato and the squash roughly into 5cm squares, cover them with cold water, season with salt. Bring them to boil. After 10 minutes add the cauliflower florets cooked them until the potato and squash are tender. Meanwhile, halve and thinly slice the red onion..
- Drain the water from the squash and potato and set them on the side. On medium heat, heat up a large pan, add 1 tablespoon of margarine and when it’s melted add the sage leaves, the crushed coriander seeds and thyme leaves. After 2 minutes when the sage leaves changed colour add the onion, keep stirring and fry them until soft. After add the potato, squash, cauliflower and creme fraiche, mix them well and cook them for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Use an approximately 23cm loose bottomed quiche tin and grease it inside with a knob of margarine. Place the first sheet of filo pastry and brush it with some melted margarine. Repeat this with every layer of the filo pastry. Add the potato,squash mix. Fold the filo leaves to cover the top of the pie an brush the layers with the margarine. To cover the middle of the pie use some more pastry sheets, also grease every layer..
- Bake it until golden brown, approximately 25-30 minutes..
The filo is beautifully layered The filo is beautifully layered with veggies and served with cauliflower mash and carrot puree. Potato can be used instead of cauliflower for the mash, but I like the lightness that the cauliflower brings. Distribute the squash filling between the sheets and roll up. Filo Pastry Pie with Sweet Potatoes and Feta. This cozy vegan pot pie features a hearty and flavorful filling of beans and veggies and a crispy mashed potato crust.