Kung Pao Chicken 😙😄. Kung Pao chicken (Chinese: 宫保鸡丁; pinyin: Gōngbǎo jīdīng), also transcribed Gong Bao or Kung Po, is a spicy, stir-fried Chinese dish made with cubes of chicken, peanuts, vegetables. Homemade Chinese chicken in a savory and spicy sauce. Kung Pao Chicken is a dish featuring small pieces of diced chicken, peanuts, and chilies.
Kung Pao Chicken (宫保鸡丁) in Chinese is a stir-fried dish with chicken cubes, dried chili pepper and deep-fried peanuts. The tender taste of the chicken matches great with the crispy peanuts with a combined sweet, sour and spicy taste. Now for all you REAL kung pao chicken lovers that want the SPICE. You can have Kung Pao Chicken 😙😄 using 31 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kung Pao Chicken 😙😄
- Prepare 2 of Chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes.
- You need 1 of big white onion, cut 1 inch, then in rectangular equal size.
- It’s 2 of carrots, cut 1 inch,slice thinly then in rectangular in equal.
- Prepare 1 can of Baby Sweetcorn, drain & discard.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Thai Sweet Chilie Sauce (very mild hot),.
- You need of or substitute w dried red chilies,.
- It’s of that gives flavour to the sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt as needed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of whole Sichuan pepper,then u ground it at home with a better.
- You need of (has a bit lemony with a numbing spiciness),.
- You need of to substitue with 1/2 tsp white pepper.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg: separate the egg white.
- It’s 1 of tsb Dark ABC Sweet Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Sesame oil.
- It’s of Sauce:.
- It’s 2 Tbs of light Soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tbs of Chinese Black Vinegar (taste like balsamic vinegar).
- You need 1 tbs of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of chinese Shaoxing Wine (just a touch).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground White Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cornstarch mix with 2 tbs cold water to.
- Prepare of thicken the sauce.
- Prepare of Other ingredients:.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic, smashed.
- Prepare 20 g of Ginger, chopped finely.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Sichuan Peppercorn.
- You need 80 g of Cashew nuts:fry in teflon pan with no oil for 4' and keep.
- Prepare of stirring, watch out that the cashew nuts don't burnt.
- Prepare of Rice Bran Oil (brand Alfa one) for stir-fry and for deep-fry.
- Prepare of Jasmine rice, long grain rice, to cook in Rice Cooker,.
- It’s of Garnish: 1 stalk Green onion, dice 5 mm.
You have to add A LOT more sambal or chile paste to make this even remotely I lived in China for two years, and this recipe (with some important but minor changes) comes very close to the Kung Pao chicken that can be found in. I'm confidant this Kung Pao Chicken recipe will be the best Chinese food you've ever made from home! Stir-fried chicken, peanuts, and green onion in a delicious salty, sweet, and spicy kung pao sauce, served over hot cooked rice. Kung Pao Chicken is a Chinese takeout favourite that is mouthwateringly good and highly addictive – so it's a good thing it's easy to make at home so Kung Pao chicken – done right!
Kung Pao Chicken 😙😄 instructions
- Toast the Sichuan Peppercorns in a frying pan until golden. Transfer to blender, grind to a fine powder then sieve into a large bowl. Add 2 tbs of conflour and stir to combine..
- In a small bowl put the chicken, add Dark Soy Sauce, ground Sichuan Peppercorns mixture, 1 tbs Vege oil & egg whites. Marinade for 30 minutes..
- In a wok put Rice Bran oil about 1 inch oil, heat the oil then put the Chicken pieces and fry for about 2' until golden. Remove from the wok. Take off all the oil, just leaving about 2 tbs oil in the wok. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, carrots & baby sweetcorn and stir-fry over medium heat until aromatic..
- Prepare for the sauce: In a small bowl mix light Soya sauce,Rice vinegar,sugar,Shaoxing Wine,Thai Sweet Chili Sauce,white pepper & salt then pour this sauce mixture onto the wok that has the onions-garlic mixture. Mix all together; add a little bit of water if the liquid is too dry. Then add the cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce..
- Then add the fried Chicken, mix & stirring, let the chicken coated evenly with the sauce.Taste the season.Then add Sesame oil and stir for another 1 minute. Finally add the toasted Cashew Nuts, mix well and cook for another 30 seconds.Turn off the flame. Remove, transfer the Kung Pao Chicken into a serving dish; sprinkle on top with diced Green Onions. To serve with steamed Jasmine rice 😍.
The flavour of this sauce is very similar to proper restaurant versions, with a great balance of savoury-sweet and sour. Kung Pao chicken 宫保鸡丁 is a Chinese dish that love by everyone. The Chinese like its spiciness and numbness feeling on the tongue. People in English speaking countries enjoy the unmistakably authentic Chinese flavor, and chefs like it because it is quick and easy to prepare. Kung Pao chicken is an extremely popular Chinese dish in restaurants worldwide.