Easiest Vanilla Ice Cream.
You can cook Easiest Vanilla Ice Cream using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easiest Vanilla Ice Cream
- You need 2 of Egg Yolks.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Caster Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cream.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
Easiest Vanilla Ice Cream step by step
- Make custard first. Place Egg Yolks, Milk and Sugar in a small saucepan and mix well using a whisk. Place the saucepan over boiling water in another saucepan or pot, and gently cook, constantly whisking, until creamy. Then dip the saucepan into cold water and cool the mixture. *Note: I recommend to cool completely in the fridge..
- Note: Alternatively you can cook custard directly over a low heat, but you should use warmed Milk to shorten the cooking time..
- In a bowl, beat Cream and Caster Sugar until soft peaks form. Add the cooled (OR chilled) custard and Vanilla Extract and gently combine..
- Pour the mixture into a container and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until ready..
- *Note: The real ice cream becomes hard when completely frozen. To soften it, transfer the ice cream from the freezer to the fridge 20-30 minutes before serving. Or let it stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes..