Prawn cocktail starter. The prawns you choose for this starter makes the difference between a good prawn cocktail and a perfect prawn cocktail. Done right, a prawn cocktail is a beautiful Christmas starter – and John Torode's the man to show you how it's done. Festive decorated table with an appetizer and champagne.
If you're throwing a dinner party this weekend and need a fishy starter that will get everyone's taste buds going, why not try this delicious prawn cocktail recipe? The classic prawn cocktail garnished with a tangy tomato sauce, paprika and lemon wedges. A prawn cocktail (or shrimp cocktail) is one of the quickest and easiest of starters. You can cook Prawn cocktail starter using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn cocktail starter
- It’s 12-15 of raw king prawns.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of mayo.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of ketchup.
- You need of Bread.
- It’s of Salad.
- Prepare of Paprika.
However, having a super tasty one is not that easy if you don't use the best ingredients, particularly when it comes to the. A classic Prawn Cocktail recipe with a perfect Rose Marie Sauce for prawn cocktails. Prawns (shrimp) tossed in a classic rose coloured Prawn Cocktail Sauce that's simple to make and way, way. Prawn cocktail is a retro classic that always stands the test of time – the perfect easy starter recipe for entertaining.
Prawn cocktail starter instructions
- Remove the shell, devein the prawns, keep the tail on.
- Boil for about 2 mins. Drain on kitchen paper. Remove tails and set a side for decoration. Chop up the prawns into small pieces.
- Mix mayo and ketchup. Add to prawns and mix. Use a pastry cutter to cut bread into circles. Here I was undecided – add salad leaves to the bread and put prawns on top or serve salad separately…..
- Anyway, add prawns on the bread, add tails for decoration, sprinkle with paprika and serve with a salad.
See more Starter recipes at Tesco Real Food. Prawn cocktail has suffered a bad press in recent years. Discover cocktails you can make from the bottles you already have in your bar. Prawn cocktail, also known as shrimp cocktail, is a seafood dish consisting of shelled, cooked prawns in a Marie Rose sauce or cocktail sauce, served in a glass. This Prawn Cocktail from Simon Hopkinson Cooks is a wonderfully retro dish has got to be one of the most-loved dinner party starters of all time.