Carrot raisin summer salad. Here's a simple salad I've been making all summer. This is a grated cucumber and yellow tomato salad, with a little onion, and sour cream as a dressing. Carrot Raisin Salad is a popular dish, I can remember having when I was small.
Shredded carrot salad with raisins, crunchy pecans, and sweet pineapple chunks is the perfect addition to your summer menu. The delicious crunch of the carrots combined with the sweet pineapple and tartness of the lemon, gives you a carrot salad recipe that is reminiscent of what grandma used. This gorgeously vibrant Carrot Raisin Salad is full of flavor and simple to prepare. You can have Carrot raisin summer salad using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot raisin summer salad
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cup raisins.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of pasley.
- It’s of Dijon mustard dressing.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of honey.
- You need 2 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
It's a great make-ahead dish too, as it only gets better as it sits. I absolutely adore picnics and do them often in the summer. I even have a post for Picnic & Potluck Recipes so I can quickly scan through ideas for what. Traditional Carrot Salad has just carrots, raisins and mayo.
Carrot raisin summer salad instructions
- In a container add all the dressing ingredients and shake till mixed, the leftover can be refrigerated for a week.
- In a bowl grate the carrots using the large side of the box grater.
- Add the raisins, half the parsley and the dressing and mix.
- Put in a nice server and chill till needed serve with rice and a stew.
I decided to play around and added some diced apples, grapes and then I saw pineapple tucked away in the fridge so I added that too. Boy do these ingredients pair well together. This simple carrot salad with raisins gets an upgrade with a slightly spicy, slightly sweet, and very addictive sauce. It brings out the sweet freshness of the carrots and makes the whole dish sing. We are tempted to pour it over all of our salads from here on out.