You can cook Pad Thai using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pad Thai
- Prepare 200-250 g of Dry ‘Pad Thai’ Rice Noodles.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare of Prawns, Squid, Chicken, Pork OR Firm Tofu 500g in total.
- It’s 1 of Onion *OR Shallots 2 to 3.
- Prepare 2 cloves of Garlic *finely chopped.
- You need 1 of small piece Ginger *finely chopped.
- You need 1 of Red Chilli *OR 1/2 teaspoon Dry Chilli Flakes.
- You need 1 cup of Bean Sprouts.
- It’s 1/4 of cupful Spring Onion / Garlic Chives.
- Prepare of Canola Oil for cooking.
- You need of Coriander Leaves for serving.
- You need of Chopped Toasted Peanuts.
- Prepare of Lime *cut into wedges.
- It’s of <Sauce>.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Tamarind Paste *OR Lime/Lemon Juice, Rice Vinegar.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Fish Sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Soy Saucer *optional.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Water.
Pad Thai instructions
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl..
- Prepare the proteins and vegetables. They will be cooked with the noodles, so I recommend to thinly slice the meat, tofu, onions. Lightly whisk the eggs in a separate bowl..
- Now you can start to prepare the noodles. Place noodles in a large bowl, pour over plenty of boiling water and soak for 5 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water, and drain again. *Note: Do not make them absolutely soft at this stage..
- Add 1 tablespoon Oil to the heated wok or a very large frying pan, cook Eggs like scrambled egg and transfer to a plate. Add a little more Oil, cook Chicken or Pork (or other meat), if you use any, and Onion (Shallots), Garlic, Ginger and Chilli, then add Prawns or Squid (or other seafood), if you use any, and stir-fry until almost cooked through..
- Bring back the scrambles egg to the wok. Then add Bean Sprouts, Tofu, if you use it, and the noodles, then the sauce..
- Toss gently for about 1 minute, then add Spring Onion or Garlic Chives. Toss to combine then remove from heat..
- Sprinkled with Peanuts, Coriander Leaves and extra Chilli only if you like them, and serve with Lime wedges..