Potatoes & Onion (vegan). The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself is a perennial in the nightshade family, Solanaceae. What is the plural of potato? Potatoes are a plentiful crop that originated in South America.
Common potato-based foods and food products include french fries, potato chips, and potato flour. Cooked potatoes with skin are a good source of many vitamins and minerals, such as. The potato is a tuber—a short, thick, underground stem with stored starches and sugars—of the Nutritionally, the potato supplies complex carbohydrates—essential for energy—and a very low. You can cook Potatoes & Onion (vegan) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potatoes & Onion (vegan)
- You need 4 of medium sized potatoes.
- It’s 1 of big onion.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Potatoes are the enlarged underground stems (aka "tubers") of the potato plant, in which the plant stores up nutrition for future growth. Consequently, they are classed as a root. The potato plant (Solanum tuberosum) is a member of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, a family of flowering plants that also includes the eggplant, mandrake, deadly nightshade or belladonna, tobacco, tomato, and petunia. For lots of great resources to accompany this video.
Potatoes & Onion (vegan) instructions
- Cut the potato into cubes, fry and allow to get some colour.
- In a pot, add some oil and fry the sliced onion.
- Once the onion takes colour, add the garlic cloves (no smashing).
- Fry for a minute and add the potatoes to the mix.
- Add water to cover the mix, add the spices and the lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Potato, annual plant in the nightshade family, grown for its starchy edible tubers. The potato is native to the Peruvian-Bolivian Andes and is one of the world's main food crops. Our Potato Growing Guide covers planting, growing, and harvesting one of our favorite vegetables! Also, see tips on how to store potatoes to keep them fresh—and some homemade potato recipes. Potatoes are tubers that are a staple food in many parts of the world, particularly Europe and the West.