You can cook 🍣🍫Granola Bars🍫🍣 using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 🍣🍫Granola Bars🍫🍣
- Prepare 2 of & 1/2 cups rolled oats (not quick or instant).
- Prepare 2 Tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of flaked sweetened coconut.
- You need 1 cup of “extras” – I like chopped toasted walnuts, almonds &.
- Prepare of pecans, dried cherries & chocolate chips (mini or regular).
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter or vegetable oil.
- You need 1/3 cup of golden syrup or honey.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
🍣🍫Granola Bars🍫🍣 step by step
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line a 9” x 9” square pan with 2 criss-cross sheets of parchment paper (not foil) leaving extra overhang on all sides. Click to see how. Combine oats, brown sugar, coconut and extras in a large bowl..
- Combine honey, oil, and vanilla in a measuring cup. Add honey mixture to oat mixture and take time to combine thoroughly – about a minute. Spread in baking pan, pressing down very firmly. Try pressing down with the back of a spatula..
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan. (mine takes an hour to cool on a cooling rack). Remove from pan (using parchment handles) to cutting board. Remove paper and cut into bars..
- #Tip: Bars not holding together? Try pressing them down again after baking. Let them cool for 10 minutes and press down firmly while warm, then let them cool COMPLETELY before cutting. Bars Too Brittle? Two Options: 1) Bake for only 27 minutes. 2) Place the 9 x 9 pan on a baking sheet to bake. That might keep the bottom of the bars softer..