Chicken souvlaki. This Chicken Souvlaki recipe is super-easy to cook in the oven or on the grill, and absolutely delicious when loaded up with all of your favorite Greek toppings! Chicken souvlaki is another word for seasoned Greek kabobs and they make a nice appetizer when dipped into homemade tzatziki sauce. Chicken Souvlaki – Made with chicken marinated in lemon, garlic and oregano, it's so easy to make this Greek favourite at home!
Serve with warm bread, salad and tzatziki. For example Souvlaki with chicken Gyros or Souvlaki with pork Skewers etc. The most important step in making the perfect, traditional Greek chicken souvlaki is nothing else but the marinade! You can cook Chicken souvlaki using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken souvlaki
- You need 1 of chicken cut into cubes for souvlaki (without its skin and bones).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 3 tbsp of yoghurt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s 1 of firm red tomato cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper cut into square pieces.
- It’s 1 of medium-sized onion cut into square pieces (you quarter it and then cut those pieces in half, horizontally).
- Prepare 13-14 of small whole mushrooms (optionally).
Chicken Souvlaki is a traditional greek dish where chicken breast is cubed and marinated in a Chicken Souvlaki was one of my favorite dishes growing up! I always looked forward to it in the. Recipe by Paula. lb chicken breast. Spilling all the secrets for the best souvlaki, and you don't want to miss the marinade!
Chicken souvlaki instructions
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, the garlic, the yoghurt and the olive oil..
- Mix well and place in the fridge for 4-5 hours or even better leave them overnight..
- Cut the pepper, the tomato and the onion and season with a little salt as well as the mushrooms..
- Pass them through a skewer in the following orderchicken – pepper – chicken – tomato – chicken – mushroom..
- Cook them on a grill or barbecue them..
- You serve it with rice and tzatziki and pita for souvlaki. (Of course french fries are a perfect combination…).
Chicken Souvlaki is Greek chicken kabobs marinated in fresh herb oregano (my fav), garlic, lemon I have included instructions to prepare chicken souvlaki kabobs in oven! Chicken Souvlaki is a Greek classic that takes marinated, grilled meat to the next level. You can also customize it and add in vegetables if you'd like. Now once you make your chicken souvlaki, the hardest part will be deciding how to serve it. Learn how to make your own Chicken Souvlaki from scratch in the comfort of home.