Spicy red lentil soup. A spicy red lentil soup that is fast and easy. I recommend blending only half of the lentil mixture, because it is much more stew-like than soup-like. Also, I added chopped fresh basil to keep it fresh-tasting, served it with rice, and flavored with tamari rather than salt and pepper.
Tamarind paste has a sweet-sour flavor and can be found in Indian groceries or high-end supermarkets. Moroccan Red Lentil Soup is a comforting soup recipe. The warm, rich spices of cinnamon, coriander, cumin, paprika and tumeric mix together perfectly to create a flavorful soup. You can cook Spicy red lentil soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy red lentil soup
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 1 of potato.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of red chilli.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- It’s 0.5 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- It’s 2 pinches of salt.
- It’s 350 g of red lentils.
- It’s 1.5 litres of vegan stock.
Today I write this post with a heavy heart because of what happened in Boston on Monday. This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible! I would make this recipe again. I changed it a little bit (I'm like that): I added one stalk of lemongrass, cut into three pieces and bashed a bit to release the flavour; and two lime leaves.
Spicy red lentil soup instructions
- Chop the onion, potato and carrot..
- Fry the onion in oil until it starts to brown..
- Add the potato and carrot and fry for a few more minutes stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick..
- Add the spices, salt, garlic and chilli..
- Rinse the lentils and add to the pan along with the stock. Cook over a medium heat for about an hour, until the lentils break apart and the potatoes are soft..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Red lentils are perfect for weeknights, or whenever you're in a hurry to get a meal on the table. Due to how they're processed, de-husked, and split before packaging, they cook up quicker than any other variety of legumes, although they are slightly lower in fiber than the larger whole. This spicy lentil soup recipe is one of my favorite soups. My wish is for you to have fun and enjoy this lifestyle while eating savory meals along the way. Dice the tomato and add it to the soup.