Vickys Gingerbread Men -Christmas & Halloween GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Gingerbread Men -Christmas & Halloween GF DF EF SF NF using 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Gingerbread Men -Christmas & Halloween GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 100 grams of sunflower spread / gold foil Stork margarine / butter.
- You need 100 grams of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 70 grams of golden syrup, my homemade recipe is posted separately.
- Prepare 240 grams of plain / gluten-free flour.
- Prepare 1/4 of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need of icing to decorate, choc chips, raisins etc for decorations.
Vickys Gingerbread Men -Christmas & Halloween GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light.
- Add the syrup and mix in https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/334096-vickys-homemade-golden-syrup-like-tate-lyles-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and spices together and add to the mixture. Form a dough adding a touch more syrup if required to bring it together.
- Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper/baking parchment.
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5/ 190C. Flour your surface then roll out your dough so it's 1cm thick and cut out your men with a gingerbread men shaped cutter or whatever shape you want to use.
- You can get neat stamps you press on instead of decorating with icing like those pictured here.
- I have also used an upsides down snowman cutter for a skull.
- Place on baking tray and bake for 10 – 12 minutes – they should be firm but not browned.
- Rest on tray a further 10 minutes then remove and set on a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Decorate with piped icing. Let your imagination guide you. You could stick sweets to the icing for eyes or buttons.
- For Halloween make some headless, armless or legless by cutting off a leg or whatever and decorate with red icing near the 'injury', scary faces and pipe a skeleton out of icing onto the bodies. My son loves this! We call them 'Injure-bread Men' lol.
- To make Xmas Stained Glass Cookies, follow the recipe but cut circles out of your main cookie shapes.
- Bash some boiled sweets or lollipops with a rolling pin to break them into smaller pieces and spoon into the holes in your cookies.
- Poke a hole near the top of each cookie so when its baked you can thread a ribbon through and hang on your xmas tree or in front of your window.