Yoghurt marinated chicken skewers. The marinade for Yogurt Marinated Grilled Chicken Skewers is packed with crushed red pepper flakes, sweet paprika, red wine vinegar, tomato paste, garlic and lemon juice. They are slightly spicy but just a hint! Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
I swear there is something in yogurt, the enzymes or the amino acids or the probiotics or something, that tenderizes chicken. I don't know this for sure but I do know that every time I make. Heat some vegetable oil in the same pan and fry chicken skewers on all sides until well-browned and cooked through. You can have Yoghurt marinated chicken skewers using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yoghurt marinated chicken skewers
- Prepare 200 ml of natural yoghurt.
- You need 1 tbsp of mild curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare Pinch of cinnamon.
- You need 300 g of Cubed chicken breast.
Serve with pita bread, salad and dressing, fresh cilantro and mint, and yogurt dip. This yogurt marinade tastes best if you can leave it marinating overnight. A light meal in itself, enough for a family, or for two with lots of leftovers for lunches (yes, yum!). Spiced Yogurt Marinated Chicken Skewers with Quinoa Tabbouleh.
Yoghurt marinated chicken skewers step by step
- In a tub with a lid Mix all spices and lemon juice into the yoghurt add chicken mix well and then let marinate in the fridge for 3+ hours., ideally over night.
- Skewer onto wooden or metal kebabs (onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers etc can be added if desired).
- Bbq turning occasionally until chicken is cooked through can be grilled or griddled also.
A riff on tandoori-style chicken, these chicken kebabs are marinated with yogurt and lemon, with Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in marinade and seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Grill skewers until well browned on all sides and center of chicken registers between. On meal night: thread marinated chicken onto prepared skewers and place on hot grill. The lamb and chicken can be marinated up to one day in advance and refrigerated.