Rainbow chicken with orzo. Κοτόπουλο γιουβέτσι A classic Greek one pot wonder! Chicken with orzo in a light, fragrant tomato sauce. For the chicken: In a separate bowl, mix together the coriander, salt and pepper.
Toss with the vegetables, the remaining oil, the feta and basil. Tender chicken in a lemony broth with orzo pasta, carrots, onions, celery, and baby spinach. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. You can cook Rainbow chicken with orzo using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rainbow chicken with orzo
- Prepare 3 of chicken thighs.
- You need 5 of chicken wings.
- It’s Splash of olive oil.
- Prepare 250 g of orzo.
- It’s 200 ml of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of Marinade spices.
- You need 1/2 of tspn allspice (ground or crushed in pestle and mortar).
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Sweet paprika.
- It’s of Vegetables.
- Prepare 100 g of broad beans.
- It’s of Frozen sweetcorn (or fresh if you have it).
- Prepare 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped finely.
- You need of Sundried tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of carrots chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves chopped.
Okay, it's up to you if you want to eat pasta during Sugar Free January, but one of the things I love about DeLallo, a To me, the fact that this is whole wheat orzo is essential to the soup-counts-as-a-meal thing. It is robust and substantial and filling whereas regular orzo tends to. Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup – A chicken soup that's loaded with tiny bits of tender orzo, lean, protein rich chicken breasts, fresh veggies and And what is more vibrantly flavorful than lemon? Plus lemon pairs so well with chicken, especially when you add in a blend of Greek herbs and fresh spinach.
Rainbow chicken with orzo step by step
- Rub the chicken with the spices and rest for 1/2 hour or overnight if you wish.
- Sautée the chicken in a non stick pan (oven proof), you can add a drop of olive oil if you want. Reserve on a side once browned..
- Chop all vegetables and garlic and sautee in the same pan adding a little bit of olive oil if needed for about 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Preheat oven. 200°C or 180°C fan..
- Return chicken to pan with veg. Add 100ml of the chicken stock and lemon juice. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes with lid on..
- Add orzo and rest of the stock, lid off and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
I love orzo and I frequently cook chicken thighs in a cast iron skillet, so I was looking forward to this recipe. We loved the chicken, but I am not a fan of orzo. For next time, I'd like to sub rice. The timing seems right, but I'm stumped on how much more liquid to add. It would be "Orzo con Pollo." Video!