Vickys Ninja Turtle Pizza / Sewer Cake – Instructional.
You can cook Vickys Ninja Turtle Pizza / Sewer Cake – Instructional using 4 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Ninja Turtle Pizza / Sewer Cake – Instructional
- Prepare 4 of x 8" round cakes, any flavour you like.
- Prepare 500 g of buttercream, divided.
- You need 750 g of white ready roll fondant icing.
- You need of Food dye gel in grey, green, red, blue, purple and orange.
Vickys Ninja Turtle Pizza / Sewer Cake – Instructional instructions
- Bake 4 x 8" rounds and cut out a piece from one so the other can fit snugly against it.
- Like this.
- Buttercream in between the join and across the top.
- Repeat the shape with the other 2 layers.
- Place on top of the coated layers, buttercream where they'll join together.
- Buttercream the top and sides – I chose yellow for my 'cheese pizza' simply adding yellow gel to my remaining plain buttercream. I attempted red like pizza sauce for the sides but I'd already dyed all the buttercream yellow so it came out an orangy pink. Lesson learned lol.
- Roll out some fondant in grey and cut to a 5 inch diameter circle. This will be for the sewer lid. You need 2 of these, one for the plain base the characters will sit on, the other needs decorating as follows.
- I used letter stamps and the tip of a butter knife to make the Teenage Murant Ninja Turtle logo and the sewer grate markings. I used offcuts and rolled into balls then flattened to look like screws, using the same knife made the flat head screw markings.
- For each turtle character roll out 3 fondant balls in green. The head is around 2 inches in diameter, the other 2 are around 1cm but judge by your own eye.
- Flatten the head slightly and use the butter knife to make the mouth shape. Flatten and pinch the 2 smaller balls and press into the head piece. Use the knife to mark out fingers.
- One turtle will not have his hands on show – this turtle is made of 2 of the larger 2 inch sized balls instead as the other larger ball will be the base the others are joined around. Think of him as a green snowman!.
- For each turtle cut a strip on fondant for the eye mask. The colours needed are red, blue, yellow and purple.
- Wrap around the head like so.
- Use more red to cut out 'pepperoni' slices.
- Place the 'snowman' turtle towards the centre back of the plain grey circle. Build the other 3 around him as shown.
- Pipe on white icing for eyes and dot with black.
- Rest the sewer lid against the 'snowman' turtles head when you add the decor to the cake.
- Add your candles and any other decorations. You could make other 'toppings' if you like – mushrooms would be quite simple in white fondant or pink squares for ham.