Vickys Homemade Oven Chips / Fries, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Homemade Oven Chips / Fries, GF DF EF SF NF using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Homemade Oven Chips / Fries, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 1 kg of / 2 lbs peeled white floury potatoes such as Maris Pipers.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of seasoning (celery salt, paprika, garlic powder, cumin etc).
- Prepare of Salt to finish.
Vickys Homemade Oven Chips / Fries, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400F.
- Cut the potatoes into strips as wide as your finger then rinse under cold water and pat dry to remove excess starch.
- Use 2 lined oven trays and spread the chips in an even layer.
- Pour over the oil and toss together, then season with celery salt, paprika, chilli powder, garlic powder, cumin or any seasoning you like and toss again. (I like to use 1/2 a tsp celery salt, 1/4 a tsp smoked paprika and 1/4 a tsp garlic powder).
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes, turning now and again until crispy on the outside and fluffy inside.
- Season again with some plain salt before serving.