Dairy-Free Potato Bake.
You can cook Dairy-Free Potato Bake using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dairy-Free Potato Bake
- It’s 8-10 of small potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tablespoons dairy free marg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of gf flour (or plain flour).
- It’s 400 mls of or so of almond milk (or milk).
- You need 50 g of vegan cheese (or cheddar).
- It’s of Nutmeg, grated.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Dairy-Free Potato Bake instructions
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Set to one side..
- In a saucepan, melt the marg then add the flour, stirring to soak up the marg. If the roux is quite wet, add a little more flour until it looks like the photo below..
- Slowly add the milk, stirring continuously after each addition to ensure no lumps. After you’ve added about half the milk, turn the heat up and bring it to a boil. As the sauce thickens, whisk with a balloon whisk to stop it clumping..
- When the sauce has thickened, add the rest of the liquid until you have a sauce of pouring consistency. Let it come up to the boil again and stir while it bubbles for a few minutes. Turn the heat down and add the cheese. Add nutmeg and seasoning to taste..
- Lightly grease a baking dish, then layer up your potatoes into the dish..
- Pour the cheese sauce over the top, cover with foil and bake at 160 C for 1 hour. Remove the foil and turn up the heat to 200 C and let the bake brown for about 20 mins. Check the potatoes are cooked through before serving..