My South Carolina BBQ Chicken 🙃. Grilled Chicken with South Carolina BBQ Sauce pairs zesty, mustard-based South Carolina-style barbecue sauce with grilled chicken. You get a hint of sweetness and spice from the sauce, and every bite is wonderfully smoky from the grill! BBQ Chicken is now going crazy with the new Dosira.
This is our take on the delicious Carolina BBQ Chicken. A recipe that a friend had shown us and we put our little spin on. Follow along for a list of. You can have My South Carolina BBQ Chicken 🙃 using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My South Carolina BBQ Chicken 🙃
- It’s 2 of Chicken Breasts sliced into strips.
- You need 1 tbls of Deep South Brown Sugar Seasoning.
- You need 1/2 bottle (140 g) of Smokey BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbls of Mustard BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet Bell Pepper cut into chunky pieces.
- It’s 1/2 of Large onion cut into strips.
There were frog legs (no sir), chit lungs (why?), liver, and pigs feet (b.arf, barf, and more barf). The one choice of BBQ was dry and flavorless. You can make this Carolina BBQ chicken in a crockpot or in an Instant Pot (like my spicy pressure cooker shredded chicken). If you didn't know, I'm from Arkansas—smack dab in the middle of Texas and Memphis BBQ country.
My South Carolina BBQ Chicken 🙃 step by step
- Cut the Chicken into thick ish strips..
- Next add them to a bowl and mix in the Brown sugar Seasoning mix in well.
- Next add the mustard sauce and mix in.
- Add the smokey BBQ sauce and the olive oil mix it all together and let it marinate for 1-2 Hours..
- Cut the onion and sweet pepper up ready..
- Preheat the oven 180°C. Add the strips on a parchment paper on a oven tray and cover with foil. Add to the oven cooking check after 20 minutes just stir them up a bit and add the peppers and onions replace the foil to finish off cooking. Turn oven down to 160°C.
- For the last 20 mins add the Sweet pepper chunks in the tray with the chicken also onion strips. Then last 5 mins take cover off..
- I made jacket potato to go with mine and Beans with BBQ sauce added lovely they are..
- Serve Hot..
Perfect with pork or grilled chicken. South Carolina has a rich and proud history in barbecue. Growing up, I only knew of tomato-based barbecue sauces. How to Make Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce. First, add the following together in a mixing bowl: yellow mustard, honey.