You can cook Vegetables Puff-puff using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetables Puff-puff
- It’s 600 g of all-purpose flour.
- You need 10 g of fast active yeast.
- You need 150 g of sugar use as desired.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Egg.
- You need of Bell pepper.
- Prepare of Onion.
- It’s of Pumpkin leaf or Scent leaf.
- You need 550-650 ml of Lukewarm Water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of grated nutmeg optional.
- You need of Vegetable oil for frying.
Vegetables Puff-puff instructions
- In a shallow bowl, add flour and salt together (combine salt with flour first) Add other dry ingredients and combine well Add lukewarm water to the dry mixture in bits to form a batter. You can add 500g at first then check if it needs more water. (the batter should not be runny and it shouldn’t be thick as well, find a balance in between the two) Cover the bowl with a cling film or a damp towel and place in a warm place to proof. (Till batter doubles in size usually between an hour or two..
- You can leave it longer if you want) Once the mixture has risen and doubled in size, you then move on to frying. How to fry puff puff on medium-high heat, add enough oil to a frying pan and heat till hot (about 4 inches high). Drop a tiny bit of batter in hot oil to test and if the batter floats to the top of the heat then it is ready to use..
- Method on how to scoop batter to oil with your palm: People always find scooping batter in oil very tricky but I tell you it is very easy. Get clean water in a bowl Dip your hand in the water to wet it a bit, shake off excess Dip your hand in batter, draw the batter towards the bowl and yourself Keep the batter in between your fingers and palm Squeeze batter in-between your palm and allow it to drop freely into the oil.
- Don’t overcrowd the oil (Please refer to images in post for reference) The batter should float to the top of the oil, this is where the magic start, I just love the bits when the puff puff starts turning in the hot oil (reduce the heat a bit at this point so that puff puff can fry through and be well done) Fry puff puff on both sides till golden brown Repeat the process till you have exhausted the batter.