Chickpea curry (vegan). Well, it hits all the checkboxes for plant based dinner perfection. Our vegan chickpea curry is packed full of protein, fibre and iron. Most of the time being a vegetarian is.
Naturally vegan + gluten-free; add vegetables like cauliflower or sweet potato. Vegan chickpea curry with eggplant and coconut. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, protein-rich, free of chicken. You can cook Chickpea curry (vegan) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea curry (vegan)
- Prepare of Onion.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- It’s of Chickpeas.
- It’s of Sweet potato.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Vegetable stock.
- Prepare of Scotch bonnet or cayenne pepper.
- You need of Coconut milk.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Curry powder.
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- It’s of Thyme.
- You need of Water.
Vegan Curry – Recipe Notes: Adjust the curry paste to your personal liking. I make this vegan chickpea curry all the time and I think about half the time I'm not using potatoes. This Southern Indian chickpea curry, created by reader Jon Gregg, is a vegan recipe that's three of your five-a-day. If you're big on meat, then this could be the perfect veggie accompaniment.
Chickpea curry (vegan) step by step
- Drizzle olive oil into a pan and went oil has heated and garlic & onions.
- Add vegetable stock, water and chickpeas.
- Add spices and scotch bonnet.
- Add sweet potato's.
- Once boiling bring heat down to gas mark 4 and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, stir then let simmer for another 15-20 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
This Chickpea Curry has become one of my favorite meals. It's super quick to make and packed Kid friendly tip: Try serving curry with Easy Vegan Naan! They can dip the naan in the curry and it just. Try our lightly spiced vegan curry for a wholesome midweek meal for four. This easy spinach, chickpea and potato curry will some become a family favourite.