Salmon fishcakes and salsa. Put the salmon and cod in a large deep container, then mix plenty of boiling water in a jug with a little salt and a dash of white wine vinegar. Slice the flesh from either side of the stone and cut into small dice. Peel and finely chop the fresh ginger.
Place them onto the floured plate, dusting your hands and the top of each fish cake lightly with flour as you go. The thing to remember here is that good-quality tinned salmon makes better fishcakes than fresh, so don't be tempted to cook some salmon just for this. Download Salmon fishcakes stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. You can have Salmon fishcakes and salsa using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salmon fishcakes and salsa
- You need 2 of salmon fillets.
- You need 3 medium of potatos.
- Prepare 1 of chopped spring onion.
- You need 1 of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 large of tbsp tzatziki.
- It’s 1 of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 of toasted breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of mixed herbs and s+p.
- It’s 1 of Fresh chopped dill.
Very similar to how I make salmon cakes but I also add finely chopped gherkins and capers. The first time I have made a fishcake that stayed together in the pan, and tasted wonderful. I used Panko crumbs, think they must be something like matzo? This is a salmon version of the known fishcake recipe.
Salmon fishcakes and salsa step by step
- Bake the salmon fillets and leave to cool. Boil the potatos..
- In a bowl, add the salmon and potatos and salt and pepper. Mix together untill potatos are mashed and salmon is finely flaked. Add in the chopped onion, tzatziki, lemon zest, dill and parsley. Mix well..
- Pre-heat a non-stick baking tray. Take the salmon and potato mixture and form into patties with your hands..
- In a separate bowl, add the toasted breadcrumbs, some seasoning and the mixed herbs. Dip the patties into this and place them onto the baking tray. You should get 4 fishcakes from these quantites. Bake in the oven for half hour..
- For the salsa …. I picked up a salsa portion from McDonalds and made a fresh salsa with it. In a bowl, add chopped cherry tomatos, chopped onion, chopped parsley, s+p, lemon juice and a salsa porton and mix well..
- Serve with the fishcakes!.
Enjoy this recipe with a side of tartar or sweet chili sauce. Try to achieve a golden brown color on both sides. Dip each fishcake into the egg until well coated. Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan and cook the fishcakes for Meanwhile, make the salsa verde by stirring together all of the ingredients. Serve the fishcakes with a crisp green salad and the salsa verde alongside.