You can cook Vegan Brownies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Brownies
- You need 4 tbsp of ground flax.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegan butter (earth balance brand), melted.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar, lightly packed.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of non-dairy chocolate chips.
Vegan Brownies step by step
- Make the flax eggs by stirring the ground flax and water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 7 x 11 pan with parchment paper..
- Melt the vegan butter (earth balance brand preferred), and measure 1/2 cup. I do this by microwaving the vegan butter in a glass measuring cup, in 30 second intervals, until melted..
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted vegan butter and sugars together. Add the flax eggs and vanilla, whisk until evenly combined..
- Over the same large bowl, sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Add the salt and baking powder and stir with a large wooden spoon until just combined, do not over mix..
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spoon or your hands. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the batter..
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. The brownies may still be bubbling and not look done, but they will firm up a lot as they cool..
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then pull the brownies out, using the parchment paper and let cool for another 15-30 minutes before slicing and serving..