Vickys Sweet Potato Hummus, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Sweet Potato Hummus, GF DF EF SF NF using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Sweet Potato Hummus, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 1 of large sweet potato.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 400 grams of can of chickpeas, drained.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, peeled.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of tahini.
- It’s 1 of grated zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil or as needed.
- You need 1 tbsp of sea salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1 of chopped parsley.
Vickys Sweet Potato Hummus, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F. Wash the potato then place directly on the middle rack and bake for around 40 – 60 minutes (depending on size) until fork tender. When done, scoop out the flesh and put into a blender.
- Toast the seeds lightly in a dry pan then grind into a powder.
- Add to the potato flesh (in the blender) the chickpeas (keep some back to garnish), garlic and tahini and blitz..
- Add in the ground seeds, lemon juice, zest, 1 tbsp of the salt and around 3 tbsp of the oil and blitz again.
- If the mixture is too thick add a little more oil and blitz again until you have a smooth puree.
- Season to taste and serve in a bowl with the reserved chickpeas, chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil to garnish.
- Also tastes delicious with caramelised onion, chilli or sweet peppers added. I love it served inside an avocado with the chopped flesh mixed through, some small prawns and a squeeze of lime, gorgeous!.