Vegetables_and_Lamb_Stew. Lamb stew made with lamb shanks, parsnips, carrots, rutabagas, and turnips. These days when I step outside, I just want to turn around and go back in the house. This basic stovetop lamb stew recipe is a comfort-food delight for a cold winter night.
You can include rutabagas or turnips as well. Atkins welcomes you to try our delicious Lamb and Vegetable Stew recipe for a low carb lifestyle. Get started by browsing our full list of ingredients here. You can cook Vegetables_and_Lamb_Stew using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetables_and_Lamb_Stew
- You need 1 kg of lamb – cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 of small cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 3 of cardamom pods.
- Prepare 2 of medium-sized onions.
- It’s 4 of medium-sized potatoes.
- Prepare 3 of zucchinis.
- Prepare 1 of Large eggplant.
- Prepare 500 g of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of 7spices.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of beef stock.
- It’s of water as needed for boiling.
Add trimmed and cut green beans and diced zucchini to the Dutch oven; mix well. Now add all the vegetables, and stir the lot. Looking for dinner made using sweet peas? Then serve this hearty stew made using lamb, veggies and Progresso™ chicken broth.
Vegetables_and_Lamb_Stew step by step
- In a large pot add 8 cups water, lamb, 1 small onion, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods bring to a boil and then simmer until the meat is tender to the touch.
- Peel onions and cut into slices, peel the potatoes, eggplants and cut into cubes, cut zucchini into cubes, peel and cut tomatoes into small cubes.
- In an appropriate sauté pan, add the olive oil, the boiled lamb and sauté for a couple of minutes then start adding the vegetables gradually and stir in carefully.
- Continue to add all the spices, salt and 1 cup beef broth. Cover the pot and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Stir as needed taken care not to mash the vegetables.
- Transfer the stew to a serving dish or as desired. Serve next to rice with vermicelli. Serve hot..
Chockful of tender Lamb, this hearty stew is a delicious departure from the standard Beef version. Reduce the heat and add onion, lemon zest and garlic. Place lamb and vegetables in crockpot. Drop into stew and cook, stirring several times, until thickened. Serve over hot noodles or rice.