Rice Sandwich ‘Onigirazu’.
You can cook Rice Sandwich ‘Onigirazu’ using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rice Sandwich ‘Onigirazu’
- Prepare of Warm Cooked Short Grain Rice.
- It’s of Nori.
- You need of <Filling Suggestions>.
- You need of A. Tariyaki Chicken & Shiso.
- It’s of B. ‘Goma-ae’ Spinach & Scrambled Egg.
- It’s C. of Canned Tuna & Cucumber.
Rice Sandwich ‘Onigirazu’ step by step
- Place thin layer of Cooked Short Grain Rice in the centre of a Nori sheet, shape it into a square so that it would be easy to wrap..
- Place the filling of your choice, then cover with another layer of Rice. At this point, I recommend to press down the layers keeping the square shape. Use a piece of plastic warp to prevent the rice sticks to your hands..
- Fold in a corner and its opposite side corner, then another corner and its opposite side corner to make a square shape. Turn it over, then the moisture will help the corners stick together..
- Pack the ‘Onigirazu’ as it is or cut in half and pack for your lunch..
- A. Tariyaki Chicken & Shiso *1 serving Season 1 Chicken Thigh Fillet with Salt. Combine 1 teaspoon Sugar, 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce and 1 teaspoon Mirin in a small bowl. Heat a small mount of Oil and cook chicken. When cooked, add the sauce and cook until the sauce is almost gone. 2 to 3 Shiso leaves will add fantastic flavour..
- B. ‘Goma-ae’ Spinach & Scrambled Egg *1 serving Place a handful of Baby Spinach in a colander, pour over boiling water, then cool with cold water. Squeeze to remove excess water. Combine 1 teaspoon Ground Toasted Sesame Seeds, 1/2 teaspoon Sugar and 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce, and combine with Spinach. Scrambled Egg can be seasoned with Salt..
- C. Canned Tuna & Cucumber *1 serving Drain a 95g Canned Tuna and remove excess liquid. Add 1 tablespoon Japanese Mayonnaise, Salt & Pepper and mix well. Cucumber slices can be seasoned with Salt, then dried as water comes out..
- Other Filling Ideas: Grilled Salted Salmon, Ham & Cheese, Fried Fish, Stir-fried Veggies, Hamburg Steak, Chicken Soboro, Dry Curry, Chicken Nuggets, etc. *Note: Soy Sauce and Miso seasoned food, or salty food are most suitable for filling. ‘Takikomi Gohan’ and ‘Mazegohan’ are all suitable for ‘Onigirazu’..