Vickys Halloween Shrunken Heads with Exploding Brains!.
You can have Vickys Halloween Shrunken Heads with Exploding Brains! using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Halloween Shrunken Heads with Exploding Brains!
- You need 3 slice of bacon, diced.
- You need 1/2 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 50 grams of breadcrumbs, gluten-free vegan bread on my profile if required.
- Prepare 6 of Granny Smith apples.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of wholegrain mustard.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sunflower spread / butter, melted.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast flakes.
Vickys Halloween Shrunken Heads with Exploding Brains! step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- Fry off the bacon until crispy then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain, reserving 1tbsp of the bacon drippings.
- Fry the onion in the drippings for around 3 minutes then add the garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add back in the bacon and breadcrumbs and toss together https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338020-vickys-quick-white-oven-bread-with-variations-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.
- Remove the apple cores with a sharp knife. Don't cut all the way through, the apples need a base or the filling will leak out. Aim for a hole about 1 inch wide and 2 inches deep so your coring 3/4 of the apple.
- Carve a face with a paring knife or pumpkin carving tool onto each apple.
- When the filling has cooled, stir in 1tbsp of the balsamic, the mustard, parmesan/yeast and sunflower spread.
- Stuff the filling into the apples and put them on a baking tray with the carved sides facing outwards.
- Brush the remaining balsamic over the apples, in particular the carved faces.
- Bake for 60 – 90 minutes or until the apples are soft.