Siomay (Indonesian Dumpling).
You can have Siomay (Indonesian Dumpling) using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Siomay (Indonesian Dumpling)
- You need 500 gram of pork mince ( or 300g chicken meat, paste + 200g shrimp /.
- Prepare of or mackerel fish, paste ).
- You need 2 tablespoon of shallots, grated.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of garlic, mashed.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground white pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 2-3 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cooking oil/sesame oil.
- It’s 2-3 of eggs.
- It’s 300 gram of carrot, grated.
- It’s 350 gram of tapioca starch.
- You need of Wonton skin (you can buy in Asian grocery).
- It’s 1 of medium sized biter melon.
- It’s 1 of medium sized cabbage.
- It’s 1 of large potatoe.
- Prepare of Some hard boiled eggs.
- It’s of Tofu.
- You need of Peanut Sauce:.
- You need 500 gram of roasted peanut.
- It’s 200 gram of red chlilies.
- You need 3 of garlic.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of tamarind juice.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 5-7 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 of , 5 liter water.
Siomay (Indonesian Dumpling) step by step
- In a bowl, combine pork meat (chicken meat and shrimp paste) with shallot, garlic, white pepper, sugar, salt, and cooking oil. I used food processor to combine it. Then add egg and mix well. Add grated carrot and mix well. Add tapioca starch, mix well. Set aside. Grease the steamer with small amount of cooking oil to make the dumplings will not sticky when steaming..
- Siomay : Take a piece of wonton skin, scoop about 1 tbs of filling, shape it using hands. Repeat until all the wonton skin are used up. Steam for 20 minutes..
- Potato : Boiled potatoes until half-cooked then peel the potato's skin. Cut in half and scrape a portion of potato side and fill it with the filling. Steam it. If you want simple way, just boiled it and peel the potato skin without fill it with the feeling..
- Tofu : Cut in half and scrape a portion of tofu and fill it with the filling. Steam. You can also just cut in half and directly steam it..
- Bitter melon : Cut in several pieces (as your liking). Scrape the seed portion and fill it in with the filling. Steam it..
- Cabbage : Cut in several pieces as your liking and steam it. Some people usually make the cabbage roll and fill it with the filling. But I choose simple way, just steam it with fill nothing. Egg : hard boiled eggs.
- Peanut Sauce (Peanut Sambal) : Process the peanuts in food processor until smooth. Transfer it into a medium bowl. Set aside. Process red chilies, garlic and shallots until smooth. Heat a skillet and add some cooking oil. Stir fry the smooth red chilies, garlic, and shallot until fragrant. Add the ground peanuts, mix well. Pour water, mix it. Add salt, coconut sugar, tamarind juice, mix well. Wait until the sauce become thick then turn off the heat. Set aside..
- Serving suggestions: place all dumplings on a plate. Pour some peanut sauce and drizzle over lime juice, sweet soy sauce, and some ground chilies or you can use chili sauce from the store.