You can cook Nasi Goreng using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nasi Goreng
- You need of For the spice paste :.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, peeled.
- Prepare 2 of shallots, peeled.
- Prepare 3 of bird eye chilies.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of shrimp paste (optional).
- Prepare of For the stir fry :.
- You need of Cooked long grain rice (this must be cold).
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil plus extra for frying the eggs.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts, cut into a dice.
- Prepare 4 of beaten eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of chicken powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- You need of For the garnish :.
- You need 1/2 of cucumber, slices.
- Prepare 1 half of Cherry tomatoes, cut in a half.
- You need 1 of spring onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 of fried eggs.
- It’s Handful of crispy shallots.
- Prepare Handful of prawn crackers.
Nasi Goreng instructions
- Cook the long grain rice. Let it cool and and put aside..
- For the spice paste, blend all of the spice ingredients together using mortar and pestle or chopper or food processor. Set aside..
- For the stir fry, heat the oil in a wok over a high heat until shimmering hot then add the beaten eggs, make it like a scramble eggs and set aside. Using the remaining oil in the wok, add the chicken and fry for a minute or so, then add the spice paste and the scramble eggs and stir well, cooking for 4-5 minutes..
- Add the cooked rice and stir until its all been incorporated. Season with sweet soy sauce and chicken stock powder, to taste..
- Heat a little of oil in frying pan over a medium heat and fry the egg and cooked to your liking..
- To serve, put the rice in a plate, place the cucumber, tomatoes and crackers on the side of the rice, then place the egg on top, sprinkle with chopped spring onion and crispy shallots..