Pear upside down cake. Scrape down the sides of the bowl one last time and mix briefly to blend well. Spoon the batter in large dollops over the pears and smooth it into an even layer with an offset spatula. Today I made an easy Upside Down PEAR Cake using my cast iron pan that I can cook on the stove top and put directly in the oven.
Peel, halve, and core the pears. Layer slices over caramel, flat side down, overlapping as needed. Inspired by my pineapple upside down cake recipe, this boldly spiced upside-down pear gingerbread cake combines your favorite holiday spices with juicy pears, brown sugar caramel sauce, and cool whipped cream. You can cook Pear upside down cake using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pear upside down cake
- Prepare 6 of Ripe Pears.
- You need 200 gm of brown sugar.
- You need 100 gm of white sugar.
- It’s 300 gm of all purpose flour.
- It’s 5 gm of baking powder.
- Prepare 90 gm of low fat Greek youghurt.
- It’s 10 ml of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 3 of whole eggs.
- You need 100 gm of butter.
- It’s 80 ml of corn oil.
- Prepare 3 gm of salt.
Serving warm brings out the flavors AND makes this a quick holiday dessert. This beautiful upside-down pear cake is perfect for fall holidays and special occasions. Whether you are baking for your family or for a potluck, this cake will get everyone's attention. And with the gooey caramelized layer and fresh sliced pears, it is delicious!
Pear upside down cake instructions
- Cut and peel the pears. Caramelize the pears in thick pan with brown sugar..
- Mix butter, essence and sugar until it is smooth..
- Whip the eggs until fluffy, add in mixture of butter, add youghurt. Add oil slowly..
- Fold salt, flour and baking powder in mixture..
- Arrange pears in mould and pour the cake mix. Bake it at 175 degree Celsius for 40 minutes..
- Serve with Berries and vanilla sauce..
I had some pears leftover after entertaining my niece recently and whipped up this upside down cake that she could take along. Carefully spread batter over pears, using a spatula to make sure it is evenly distributed. Quick and easy pear cake recipe (pear upside down cake) that's soft, moist and made with simple ingredients. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Learn how to make Pear Upside-Down Cake.