Chicken satay with peanut sauce. Thai Chicken Satay skewers with Thai Peanut Sauce – you'll be astonished how easily you can replicate this authentic Thai restaurant favourite! At the risk of sounding totally obnoxious – this is a recipe for Chicken Satay skewers with Thai Peanut Sauce that truly stacks up to your favourite Thai. These chicken satay skewers could taste like shoe leather.
Directly from the streets of Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta, today we prepare Chicken Satay (called SATE ') with Peanut Sauce. Chicken Satay is a delicious alternative to your standard saucy Thai curries, with chicken marinated in a positively potent mixture of red curry paste and coconut, seared to perfection and served up with peanut sauce. Make your own homemade chicken satay, a popular Southeast Asian street food (and restaurant appetizer here in the States!), at home with a Satay sauce, on the other hand, is what you dip those juicy morsels into once they are grilled. You can cook Chicken satay with peanut sauce using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken satay with peanut sauce
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need of Marinade.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion, finely grated.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon, the zest.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ginger powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare of Chili as desired.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s of Peanut sauce.
- It’s 100 ml of peanut butter.
- Prepare 100 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tamarind sauce.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need of Chili as desired.
The most popular of these involves peanuts spiked with lime. Satay is a popular restaurant appetizer or dish – but NOW it can be favorite dish made in your kitchen! Keep guests coming back for more with this tender and flavorful Chicken satay recipe that is made with Peanut Sauce. Satay or chicken satay conjures up a mental picture of perfectly grilled and nicely charred chicken skewers with mouthwatering peanut sauce.
Chicken satay with peanut sauce step by step
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Cut the chicken up into small pieces and pop in a bag together with the marinade for at least an hour..
- (Soak wooden scewers in water for at least 30 minutes to avoid them burning up in the bbq).
- Put the chicken pieces onto scewers and bbq or cook in the oven at 225 degrees for about 20 minutes..
- Put all the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a sauce pan and stir while heating it up..
- Serve like they are or plate up with some coconut rice and a salad. Enjoy!.
Chicken satay is one of the most popular Asian appetizers and everyone loves them. Now, how to make chicken satay at home? These deliciously spiced grilled chicken skewers are perfect with a sweet-and-tangy peanut sauce. Chicken satay is popular street food in Malaysia and Singapore. Satay is usually eaten as a starter or a snack but it is also served as a side dish.